Ruby Peak Film Festival
About: Founded in 2011, and passed down to other film enthusiasts, Ruby Peak Film Festival’s 48 hour competition supports a platform for local filmmakers to create and share their films with the community. Ruby Peak Film Festival strives to promote video as an art form and to inspire the use of natural, local surroundings for visual storytelling. The prizes awarded at the competitions allow participants to learn from the experience and improve their techniques with access to video equipment, software and education. Our future focus is to bring film screenings to the community, featuring Oregon residents, women and activist filmmakers with an emphasis on art and environmental/social issues.
We are operating under the umbrella organization Wallowa Valley Arts Council. The festival occurs at the OK Theatre. Stay tuned for 2020 dates in the future!
Mission: To promote and expand the art of film making in Wallowa County and surrounding areas.
Submission Info: Not accepting submissions at this time for the 48 hour competition. Community screenings hopefully coming soon!
Contact: Program Director Caroline Leone – email@example.com
Wallowa Mountain Quilters’ Guild
The Wallowa Mountain Quilters’ Guild was formed in 1991 by a small group of local quilters whose love for quilting prompted them to form a local organization with the following goals:
- Raise public awareness of the ancient form of quilting and revive public interest in this art form.
- Preserve and celebrate the tradition of quilting.
- Increase knowledge of and appreciation for modern quilting methods.
- Provide an inexpensive avenue for quilters to display their crafts.
- Facilitate an exchange of ideas, techniques, patterns and creativity among quilters.
- Encourage participation of local quilters toward a common achievement.
They accomplish the above goals by:
- Contributing awards for quilters at the county fair.
- Providing quilt books for the public library.
- Offering educational opportunities by sponsoring speakers and teachers.
- Volunteering our quilt making skills for community projects.
The Wallowa Valley Arts Council is proud to serve as the Guild’s fiscal agent and provide them with our full list of Partnership Benefits.
President: Larissa Barnhart
PO Box 932
Joseph, Or. 97846