The Josephy Center will be closed until at least May. We were hoping to stay open as a community gallery space for our friends, but after further review realize that isn’t possible in the current health climate. Please stay tuned for more information.
We will periodically be offering live streams of our programming at this link, in lieu of in-person classes & concerts. Additionally, we have zoom group book study chats, via the Josephy Library, available at this page.
The Josephy Center will continue to provide (edit: now entirely closed) classes and host events, but in order to keep people healthy and safe we are recommending the following:
- Please do not come into the Josephy Center if you or your child is not feeling well! We want to keep everyone safe, so we hope you can respect this request. If you have gotten over a recent illness and still have a cough or runny nose, we would encourage you to stay home. If you have underlying health issues, take extra precautions here and elsewhere. We want everyone to remain healthy and safe.
- All students, instructors and staff are asked to wash their hands when entering the building. There are 5 sinks in the building and we recommend washing your hands with a 20-second wash with soap and water. We also have hand-sanitizing stations set up throughout the building. Please use the tissues, hand-wipes and sanitizer between hand washings.
- Please sanitize all tools used in the classrooms before returning them to their home places.
- Please respect people’s space. We are encouraging people not to hug or shake hands. It’s not out of disrespect, just prevention. We will also set up chairs and tables with more distance.
- Again, please stay home if you are not feeling well!
- We remain open from 12-4 Monday-Saturday. Contact us if you have any questions.
- We will keep you up to date with any class, event, concert, theater performance cancellations or changes via our newsletter, facebook and email.
Thank you and we wish you the best in this difficult time. We care about you and hope to see you soon!
Josephy Center staff and board