DIRECTOR of DEVELOPMENT
- The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the annual Development program and the Capital Campaign. The Director of Development is also specifically responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of major annual gifts and capital campaign gifts, and the promotion and implementation of the planned giving program. Director will also manage all aspects of grant proposals, writing, and reporting.
- The Director of Development is a spokesperson for the organization in the community.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Manage all aspects of fundraising programs from donor identification through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Prepare annual development plan and associated operating budget for implementation and attainment. Manage capital fundraising budget.
- Provide necessary support and assistance to ED, board members, campaign volunteers, staff and community members raising funds, and insure coordination of efforts.
- Maintain support and data systems
- Actively develop prospects and seek support throughout the community in conjunction with the development plan. Act as a representative of the organization and serve as public speaker at events as needed.
- Identify foundation prospects, submit proposals, and report as required.
- Maintain awareness of activity of state and local policies affecting non-profits.
- Oversee recruitment and orientation of volunteer leadership for the Capital Campaign. Act as primary contact for assigned solicitors and track their progress
- Develop campaign materials and proposals and design donor recognition methods.
- Insure that development and campaign financial reports and prospect tracking reports are accurate and current. Oversee donor acknowledgements, billings, and distribution of donor recognition and benefits.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising data base systems.
- Ability to lead and create innovative approaches to involve the community.
- Experience with building and operating a development/marketing strategy
- Record of successful career growth leading to significant management responsibilities in substantial non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years experience in fundraising desirable
- Demonstrated ability in financial data, social media tools, and program management.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in grant management: writing, tracking and reporting
Compensation and Application
Compensation is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. For more information, or to apply for the position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close date: February 12 — EXTENDED TO MARCH 8 by midnight
NOTE: This position description is representative of the major position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive. And, we are an equal opportunity employer.