- This event has passed.
Library Assistant Position
October 6, 2022
Josephy Library of Western History and Culture is looking to hire a Library Assistant.
25-30 hours per week, hiring in October
$20-$22 per hour
- The Library Assistant (LA) will work with all members of the Josephy Center staff and volunteers, and will assist with all aspects of the Josephy Library of Western History and Culture.
- Specifically, the LA will assist with the normal library functions of accepting and cataloging new materials, replying to patron requests for information, and answering patron questions re local and tribal history and culture in the Wallowa; and will assist the Library Director with project management and coordinating library programs: exhibits, lectures, special projects, education programs, and other duties as assigned.
- The LA will assist with two major grant-funded programs: “The History of the Nez Perce in Oregon” (for the Oregon State Capitol building), and an upcoming exhibit in “Ethno-Earth Sciences.” This program brings specialists in the academic disciplines of geology and other sciences together with Tribal elders to document the different ways of looking at the landscape. This project has video and gallery exhibit components.
- Knowledge of and/or keen interest in the history and culture of the Nez Perce and other Plateau tribes.
- Communication skills: writing, speaking, and responding to requests in a timely manne
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Gmail and Google Drive, Social Media experience desired but not required.
- Organizational skills: STRONG skills in organizing materials, reports, etc.
- Actual library work experience preferred but not required.
Please send cover letter and resume to Cheryl Coughlan, email@example.com.