The Josephy Center for Arts and Culture, located in Joseph, seeks two enthusiastic, creative and organized interns to assist staff and programs at the Josephy Center. The position is part-time: 5-15 hours per week; work hours Fridays and late afternoon; pays $11-$13.00.
Candidates must have excellent organizational and basic computer skills, and should be comfortable interacting with the public, especially youth. Candidates should have some work experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Greet visitors, process payments and class registrations
- Set up, assist, and cleanup for multiple classes/classrooms
- Distribute marketing materials in Wallowa County
- Photograph students in classes, workshops, and special events as assigned
- Conduct inventory of art supplies on a monthly basis
- Assist with checking in artwork, hanging work for exhibits and communicating with artists and art buyers
- Occasional assistance with evening or weekend special events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key staff, and leadership from JCAC community organizations, schools, non-profits, and other institutions
- Assist in the coordination of JCAC facilities, events, and production staff on logistical and production elements of all youth related programs
- Build a portfolio with assistance from art instructors
- Learn about non-profit, gallery and arts education management
Send letter with resume to Cheryl, <firstname.lastname@example.org> by February 11 by 5 p.m.